JOIN THE LIVE WEBINAR, 19 Aug 2020, 730pm (Singapore time)
Overcoming the "S" Word
Suicide and Self-Harm During COVID
Trigger warning: the following covers content related to suicide and self-harm
About the Webinar
These are difficult times. Yet sometimes it can be so difficult to talk about things like suicide and self-harm.
You are not alone.
In this webinar, we want to create a safe space for you to have a conversation about difficult things like suicide and self-harm during this period.
Nadera Binte Abdul Aziz
Founder of creatingsmiles
Nadera is a mental health advocate who has been sharing her lived experience since 2014. Her fuel is in wanting to create a better future where there is better awareness of mental health and illnesses, reduced stigma, and promoting help-seeking behaviour and early intervention. She is also a strong believer in peer support, having done peer support since junior college and strives to keep improving on how to better support those around her.
She is a member of the Community of Peer Support Specialists, a certified Peer Support Specialist and Mental Health First Aider.
Founder and Managing Director of H.O.P.E. Alliance LLP
Vincent integrates coaching and therapy to work with individuals to activate their identity, discover their purpose, ignite their passion and maximise their potential to live a flourishing life. Over the last 15 years, Vincent has counselled, coached, trained and mentored many children, youths, young adults, couples and parents including those with depression, anxiety issues and other mental health issues.
Webinar Date & Time:
Wednesday 19th Aug / 19:30 (Singapore Time)
on this webinar
You'll learn about...
- Why you are not alone on this journey
- How to reframe how you look at this journey
- Why this journey matters
- Help seeking as a "high-functioning" individual
- Personal experience with mental illness
- Self-harm and suicide attempts during COVID
- Peer support and journeying with others
- The underlying reasons for self-harm behaviours or suicide attempts
- How to help yourself to overcome self-harm behaviours and suicide thoughts
- The Dark Night of the Soul - Sharing on Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings
Time left untill Registration Closes:
You are not alone.
It's okay not to be okay. Don't suffer alone.
© 2023 Gutenhag Private Limited.